How do I completely remove a program from my computer?
Wipe software leftovers off your PC manually
- Open your Start menu and locate the Control Panel option.
- Click on Control Panel. Navigate to Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Locate the piece of software you wish to uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Get the all-clear to proceed and exit Control Panel.
How do I uninstall a program that is not in the control panel?
How to Uninstall Programs not listed in Control Panel
- Windows 10 Settings.
- Check for its uninstaller in the Programs Folder.
- Redownload Installer and see if you can uninstall.
- Uninstall programs in Windows using the Registry.
- Shorten the Registry Key Name.
- Use third-party Uninstaller Software.
How do I remove Add Remove programs in Windows 10?
After running it, click on the large “Tools” tab in the left-hand navigation pane. Within the the Tools section, select “Uninstall” and then from the list of programs select the program you wish to remove the entry for. Select the “Delete” button.
Can’t Uninstall program from Add Remove programs?
If the program list is not correct in Add/Remove Programs, you can double-click the Uninstall. reg file on your desktop to restore the original list of programs in the registry. If the program list is correct in Add/Remove Programs, you can right-click the Uninstall. reg file on your desktop, and then click Delete.
How do I completely uninstall a program on Windows 10?
How to uninstall a program on Windows 10
- Start Settings from the Start menu.
- Click “Apps.”
- In the pane on the left, click “Apps & features.”
- In the Apps & features pane on the right, find a program you want to uninstall and click on it.
- Windows will uninstall the program, deleting all of its files and data.
How do I uninstall a partially installed program?
Open Start → Control Panel → Programs & Features. Locate the program you want to uninstall and right-click it with your mouse. Select Uninstall. Reboot your computer again.
How do I force a program that won’t uninstall?
So how to force uninstall a program that won’t uninstall?
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search for “add or remove programs”
- Click on the search results titled Add or remove programs.
- Find the specific software that you want to uninstall and select it.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- After that just follow the onscreen instructions.
Can’t uninstall program from Add Remove Programs?
How do I uninstall a program from programs and features?
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features.
- Press and hold (or right-click) on the program you want to remove and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.