How do you ace a violin audition?
- Practice starting at different places within your various pieces.
- Really focus on the beginnings.
- Play the instrument that you normally play.
- Make a visit to your Luthier.
- Practice in the clothes that you will wear for the audition.
- Practice playing in lots of different settings.
What do colleges look for in music auditions?
Most programs require their students to have some background in reading music, if even at a basic level. If you’re comfortable reading music (i.e. you have been classically trained or have been reading music for a few years), you should be able to get through most sight reading requirements in the audition.
What song should I sing for college auditions?
For Female Voice
- “She Used To Be Mine” from Waitress.
- “Poor Unfortunate Souls” from The Little Mermaid.
- “And All That Jazz” from Chicago.
- “Watch What Happens“ from Newsies.
- “On My Own” from Les Misérables.
- “Before It’s Over” from Dogfight.
- “Almost There” from Princess and the Frog.
- “Someone Like You” from Jekyll & Hyde.
How do I get a repertoire list for college?
Use traditional fonts. You may use several columns when organizing your categories and subcategories. Keep your list up to date with repertoire that applies to your general skill level. Do NOT list things that you have only sightread or are not ready to perform.
What do you wear to a violin audition?
Even if it is a less-formal audition, I always suggest at least nice khaki or black pants. Girls and women should feel free to wear pants or skirts, depending on their preference. For more formal events, such as a big concert performance or recital, formal dresses, suits, and even tuxedos may be more appropriate.
Do orchestra members get paid?
Major orchestra salaries range by the orchestra from a little over $100,000 to a little over $150,000. Principals, the ranking member of each orchestra section, can make a great deal more, in some instances more than $400,000. During the concert season, most orchestra musicians end up with long and intense work-weeks.
Do college auditions have to be perfect?
Don’t worry if you’re not perfect. At college auditions we’re looking for students who are good players with potential to grow as professionals. While you should try to perform your very best, remember that nobody is perfect.
Can you major in music with no experience?
It’s possible to major in music even if you’ve gotten a late start and don’t have years of training and performances under your belt.
How do you pick 16 bars for an audition?
Ideally, a 16-bar cut should be 30-45 seconds in length; one minute is maximum. As you’re crafting your piece, consider these other elements: Create a self-contained story: The 16 bars you select need to make sense to your listeners out of context.
What songs show off your voice?
Here are the 10 best pop songs to sing at your talent show for girls:
- You Belong With Me – Taylor Swift.
- Love Story – Taylor Swift.
- I knew You Were Trouble – Taylor Swift.
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepson.
- Rolling In The Deep – Adele.
- Bubbly – Colbie Caillat.
- Realize – Colbie Caillat.
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper.
What should a repertoire list include?
The repertoire list should include Etude Books Completed, Solos Performed, Solos Learned, Chamber Music Performed, Orchestral Music Learned, Orchestral Music Performed, and Orchestral Works Performed.
What is a comprehensive repertoire list?
(The purpose of the repertoire list is to detail what pieces you have studied and performed in order to give the audition committee a sense of your musical background and depth. Your repertoire list may be longer or shorter, depending on years of study. This rep list is an example of a tuba player’s repertoire.)