What is a traditional French Christmas meal?
The main course is traditionally a meat dish, usually roasted. You can have capon (chapon in French), turkey (dinde), even guinea fowl (pintade) or pheasant (faisan). They are usually stuffed with chestnut and served with mushrooms and some vegetables.
What are 3 traditional French Christmas foods?
The dishes that make a real French Christmas feast
- FOIE GRAS.
- COQUILLES SAINT JACQUES.
- ROAST TURKEY WITH CHESTNUT STUFFING.
- ALL KINDS OF BIRDS AND WILD FOWL.
What do the French have for pudding at Christmas?
Bûche de Noël is a traditional French Christmas dessert shaped and decorated like a log.
What do the French eat for Christmas dessert?
14 Classic French Christmas Desserts
- 01 of 14. Classic French Croquembouche.
- 02 of 14. Opera Cake.
- 03 of 14. Classic French Madeleines.
- 04 of 14. Delicious Macarons.
- 05 of 14. Chocolate Bûche de Noël (Yule Log) Cake.
- 06 of 14. Traditional Speculaas.
- 07 of 14. French Crème au Caramel.
- 08 of 14. Dark Chocolate Truffles.
What is the most famous French Christmas dish?
Capon or Turkey with chestnut stuffing This is the most popular and classic Christmas dish. Capon or Turkey is roasted in the oven with a generous chestnut stuffing. Sides are classic : chestnut again, green beans wrapped with bacon, truffle mashed potatoes…
What do the French drink on Christmas?
Festive French cocktails include Kir Royale, a gorgeous ruby-hued drink made from Champagne and Crème de Cassis or blackcurrant liqueur. Another classic is a Sidecar made with citrusy Cointreau and Cognac.
What is the most eaten dessert in France?
1. Crème brûlée. This custard based dessert is topped with a layer of crunchy caramel. The dessert is popular all over the world, but it originated in France, making it a must-try for anyone who’s traveling through.