How do you use capacious in a sentence?
Capacious sentence example
- The harbour is capacious and secure, with a sufficient depth of water for the largest vessels.
- There are capacious docks on the river, which is crossed by a wrought-iron bridge, 1000 ft.
What is the meaning of the word capacious as it is used in the text write your best definition here along with a brief explanation of how you inferred its meaning through context?
adjective. capable of holding much; spacious or roomy: a capacious storage bin.
What does the word poised mean as it is used in the sentence?
1) ready or prepared for something (adj) 2)(adj)composed,self assured,equanimous. 3)being in balance or equilibrium . So by saying ”to me it seemed poised” what does that exactly mean? (English is not my native language )
How do you use capacious?
Capacious in a Sentence ?
- When Janet bought a capacious home, she was finally able to use all the furniture she had been keeping in storage.
- Len and Kelly traded in their small pickup truck for a capacious sedan that could hold their growing family.
What is the difference between capacious and spacious?
Spacious is exclusively used for physical spaces, while capacious is also used in a more metaphorical sense being followed mostly by mind. There are several words which do not refer to great physical dimensions but, well the capacity to store something or take something in like the pockets or the stomach.
Why would someone use complex words over simple words?
You may need to use a more complex word to give a more precise meaning. You may also find some words, such as prohibit or require, are difficult to avoid because of your writing task and subject matter. For example, you may find it easier to keep to simpler words in a memo or letter than in a report or regulation.
What does Capacous mean?
: containing or capable of containing a great deal the museum’s capacious rooms.
What coalesced mean?
1 : to grow together The edges of the wound coalesced. 2a : to unite into a whole : fuse separate townships have coalesced into a single, sprawling colony— Donald Gould.
What does poised mean?
Poised also means ready or on the verge: You can be poised for a leadership position, poised for battle, or poised to become music’s next pop star. Definitions of poised. adjective. marked by balance or equilibrium and readiness for action.
How do you use the word poised?
Poised sentence example
- Jonathan was poised to enter his teens in style and a deformed left arm wasn’t going to hold him back.
- It poised for a moment and then took a dive off the cliff.
- Poised in the middle of turning a page, she froze.
- The country was beautiful, poised on the edge of spring.
What means spacious?
1 : vast or ample in extent : roomy a spacious residence. 2 : large or magnificent in scale : expansive a more spacious and stimulating existence than the farm could offer— H. L. Mencken.
What is the most complex word?
Here’s The Full Definition Of The Most Complex Word In The English Language. One of many interesting facts about words we learned in “The Meaning of Everything: The Story of the Oxford English Dictionary” by Simon Winchester (2003) is that the most complex word in the language is “set.”