What does applesauce do in brownies?
Health-conscious folks with a sweet tooth always seek ways to improve the nutrition of their favorite treats — like making brownie mix with applesauce instead of oil. This helps reduce the calories and adds sweetness, so you can use less sugar.
Can you use applesauce in brownies?
Make it work: Applesauce is an old favorite when it comes to trimming the fat in baked goods. Unsweetened applesauce can be substituted for oil cup-for-cup in a brownie baking mix. But for the best texture, start by using ¾ cup sauce for every 1 cup of oil called for.
Can I use applesauce instead of eggs in brownies?
Use applesauce to add moisture. Replace one egg with 1/4 cup of applesauce in sweet desserts. If you want a lighter texture, add an extra 1/2 teaspoonful of baking powder, as fruit purées tend to make the final product denser than the original recipe.
Can you substitute applesauce for butter in brownies?
size, you should use ¼ cup of applesauce in place of butter. This is important, as you want to retain the consistency of the brownies.
How does applesauce affect baking?
Baking with applesauce instead of butter or oil adds fiber and reduces calories in cakes, muffins, and breads. And, because of its water content, applesauce will also keep your baked goods moist and fresh longer.
What can I substitute for 3 eggs in brownies?
How to Replace Eggs in a Brownie Recipe
- Yogurt or buttermilk – use 1/4 cup of yogurt or buttermilk to replace each egg when making brownies.
- Vinegar and baking soda – you can mix 1 tablespoon of white distilled vinegar or apple cider vinegar with 1 teaspoon of baking soda to replace one egg in your brownie recipe.
What substitutes eggs in brownies?
Egg Substitutes for Brownies
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoon water.
- ½ a medium Banana, mashed.
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) Apple sauce.
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) Silken Tofu.
- ¼ cups (4 tablespoons) Yogurt (vegan or regular)
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) Buttermilk.
How much applesauce do I use instead of butter?
Applesauce typically creates a sweet and soft texture in oil-based goods when substituted for butter. When using applesauce in place of butter, it is advisable to replace half of the amount of butter in the recipe with applesauce.
What is the healthiest butter alternative?
In general, the following foods work best as butter replacements in cakes, muffins, cookies, brownies, and quick breads:
- Applesauce. Applesauce significantly reduces the calorie and fat content of baked goods.
- Mashed bananas.
- Greek yogurt.
- Nut butters.
- Pumpkin purée.
Why do people use applesauce for baking?
Besides being a nutritious and filling snack, applesauce is a great fat-replacer in many baked goods. Baking with applesauce instead of butter or oil adds fiber and reduces calories in cakes, muffins, and breads. And, because of its water content, applesauce will also keep your baked goods moist and fresh longer.