How do you jazz up a chest of drawers?
Consider adding some architectural details like molding or wood appliqués. Paint them the same color as the chest for a subtle look or in a contrasting color to make them stand out. Remember to lightly sand the area where you plan to add the appliqués and then attach them using wood glue or a silicone adhesive.
What can I make out of a chest of drawers?
15 Brilliant Repurposing Projects for Old Drawers
- Sandwich Station.
- Under Bed Storage.
- Bathroom Cabinet.
- Drawer Ottoman.
- Porch Planter.
- Entry Hangers.
- Picture Frames.
- Jewelry Organizer.
How do you make an old dresser look modern?
- Step 1: Remove Hardware. Modern Painted Dresser.
- Step 2: Remove Old Finish. Modern Painted Dresser.
- Step 3: Create Design With Tape. Modern Painted Dresser.
- Step 4: Cut Away Gaps for Dresser. Modern Painted Dresser.
- Step 5: Add Tape to Drawer Edges.
- Step 6: Paint.
- Step 7: Remove Tape.
- Step 8: Seal Exposed Wood.
Can you make drawers without slides?
Other contemporary cabinetmakers install them simply because of the desire to build everything by hand. If you’re building a replica, or just want to experience building and installing a drawers without slides, do it the old-fashioned way with a wooden brace instead of a slide to support the drawer.
How do I make my drawers look nice?
99 Clever Ways To Transform A Boring Dresser
- Paint a tribute to Warhol.
- Add fabric to the sides of the drawers.
- Cover the drawers with faux wood paneling.
- Use lace to re-cover the drawers.
- Paint stripes (even on laminate)
- Use stenciled letters to mark a special occasion.
- Or your favorite song.
What do you put on top of bedroom drawers?
Find Something Tall
- Tall houseplant.
- Artwork standing on top of the dresser and leaning against the wall.
- Decorative basket or collectible.
- Tall pillar candle.
- A vase filled with flowers, either real or faux.
- Upright jewelry box.
What can you make out of an old dresser?
Repurposed Furniture Old Dresser Ideas and Makeovers
- Hall Table. By cutting away the bottom portions of an old one, a new hall table was born!
- Small Dresser Top into Storage Bench.
- Old Buffet into Media Center.
- Roadkill Piece into Bench.
- How To: Old Provincial.
- Card Catalog Media Center.
- DIY Lego Table.
- Kids Storage Bench.
What can I do with an old broken dresser?
10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- Space for a Sink. 1/11. Make a big splash in the bathroom by repurposing an old dresser as a vanity.
- Dressed for Dinner. 2/11.
- Drawer Decor. 3/11.
- Spring Wardrobe. 4/11.
- Tune In. 5/11.
- No Monster Under the Bed. 6/11.
- Open to New Possibilities. 7/11.
- Approach the Bench. 8/11.
What can I do with an old dresser?
Does painting an antique devalue it?
Once paint has been applied to the antique the original patina of the piece is obviously gone, but even if you change your mind months or years later and decide to restore the finish you will never regain the original patina of the antique.
What’s the best way to build a chest of drawers?
Cut your 1/2-inch plywood for the back and front of the drawer 1 1/2-inch smaller than the width of the drawer to allow for joining the sides and backs. Use a router to create a joint in for attaching the backs and fronts.
What can I use to decoupage a chest of drawers?
There’s no end to what can be done with a simple coat of paint. Decoupage a Chest of Drawers Decoupage involves cutting out pieces of paper and adhering them to a surface. When it comes to decoupaging furniture, wallpaper is one of the best types of paper you can use.
What should I do with my dresser drawers?
Give the drawers a chance, at least. Use them to house craft supplies, your rubber-band collection or free-floating clutter. Create art that doubles as storage and storage that doubles as art. Find a mini dresser and a few old black-and-white snapshots.
How to make a dresser look like a train?
Cover the drawers with faux wood paneling See how here. 4. Use lace to re-cover the drawers DIY here. 5. Paint stripes (even on laminate) See how here. 6. Use stenciled letters to mark a special occasion See how here. 7. Or your favorite song DIY here. 8. Or a tribute to your favorite city Instructions here. 9. Turn the whole thing into a train car