What is the medicine isosorbide used for?
Isosorbide mononitrate is a nitrate that dilates (widens) blood vessels, making it easier for blood to flow through them and easier for the heart to pump. Isosorbide mononitrate is used to prevent angina attacks (chest pain). Isosorbide mononitrate will not treat an angina attack that has already begun.
Does isosorbide lower your heart rate?
Compared to the findings after the placebo, the blood pressure level fell and the heart rate increased after the ingestion of isosorbide dinitrate. The changes were more striking with the patients standing than with them supine, and the larger dose of the drug produced greater changes than the smaller dose.
How long does it take for isosorbide to get out of your system?
Isosorbide mononitrate is eliminated from plasma with a half-life of approximately 5.1 hours. It is metabolised to isosorbide-5-MN-glucuronide, which has a half-life of approximately 2.5 hours. It is also excreted unchanged in the urine.
What happens when you stop taking isosorbide?
If you stop taking the tablets your condition may get worse. The following side effects may happen with this medicine: Headaches. Feeling sick (nausea)
How often should you take Monopril with or without food?
How to use Monopril Tablet. Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once or twice daily. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. Antacids containing aluminum or magnesium can decrease the absorption of fosinopril.
Can you take Monopril orally for heart failure?
It is also used to treat heart failure .Fosinopril is an ACE inhibitor and works by relaxing blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily. Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once or twice daily.
What to do if someone overdoses on Monopril?
Does Monopril Tablet interact with other drugs you are taking? If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.