What are the most common problems with VW Jetta?
9 Common Volkswagen Jetta Problems
- Front Assist Problems. VW’s collision avoidance technology is detecting objects that don’t exist.
- Clock Spring Failure.
- Ignition Coil Failure.
- Jetta Radio Problems.
- Oil Sludge in the 1.8L Turbo Engine.
- Defective Timing Chain.
- Diesel Emissions Scandal.
- VW Windows Fall into Door.
How do you reset the computer on a Volkswagen Jetta?
Press the “scan” or “codes” button on the scan tool if the scan does not start automatically. Press the “clear” or “reset” button on the scan tool to reset the codes for both the ECM and PCM computer modules.
What are common issues with Volkswagen?
Common Volkswagen (VW) Problems
- Oil leak (ie. Valve cover gasket, timing chain cover gasket, camshaft seals)
- Coolant leaks (ie.
- Smoke coming from exhaust.
- Replacement of timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and rollers.
- Vehicle overheats (ie.
- Suspension concerns (ie.
- Maintenance light.
- ABS/Brake light.
Are TDI Jettas reliable?
A good, used Jetta TDI, on the other hand, will easily last much longer and won’t cost too much when repairs are needed. Repair Pal gave the Volkswagen Jetta a four out of five when it comes to reliability and estimates an average annual repair cost of $609.
Is 2010 Jetta a good car?
The 2010 Volkswagen Jetta offers impressive performance, as well as excellent safety scores and comfortable seating. Adding to its appeal is the TDI trim, which has a 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel engine that gets 30/42 mpg city/highway. The Jetta also has good crash test scores.
How do I know if my ECM is bad?
A bad or failing ECM may produce any of the following 5 symptoms to alert the driver of a potential problem.
- Check Engine Light Turns On. An illuminated Check Engine Light is one possible symptom of a problem with the ECM.
- Engine Stalling or Misfiring.
- Engine Performance Issues.
- Car Not Starting.
- Poor Fuel Economy.
What year Jetta TDI is best?
The 2015 Mk7 Golf Sportwagen TDI understandably gets all the attention – for good reason. But, it also commands the highest price.
What year did VW have problems?
Car Complaints lists the 2009 model year as the worst year to get and with 99 complaints filed – most of them citing “engine failure” or “brake problems” – we can see why.