How do you change the battery in a 2014 BMW X5?
How to Change the Battery on a BMW X5
- Pop the trunk on your BMW X5.
- Locate the battery. Pull up the floor cover in the trunk that contains the spare tire.
- Unlatch the strap holding the battery into the case. Unscrew the black negative cable first with the correct sized wrench (12mm or 13mm).
- Pull out the old battery.
How do I reset my BMW X5 after replacing the battery?
How To Reset BMW Computer After Battery Change?
- Step 1: Restart the controller.
- Step 2: Tap the “Trip” button to wake it up and glow.
- Step 3: Continue to press and hold that “trip” button and hold until the “Reset” button appears on the screen.
- Step 4: Reset.
Does a BMW battery need to be programmed?
All the newer BMW models are equipped with what BMW calls Intelligent Battery Sensors, or IBS, and therefore require battery registration. To know for certain if your BMW needs to have its new battery programmed each time it gets replaced, here is a helpful guide to model years and specific models.
What happens if I disconnect BMW battery?
If you do disconnect the red one by mistake the battery can only be accessed from the boot and the boot will not open without the power. It might have to be disassembled with great difficulty.
Can I replace BMW battery myself?
Many people wonder though, whether BMW battery replacement and registration is a simple DIY process or has to be done by an expert technician. We say: you can definitely handle the replacement on your own!
Can I replace my BMW battery myself?
How do you remove a battery from a BMW?
- Park your BMW.
- Locate the battery.
- Use a 10mm wrench to disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Disconnect the positive battery terminal.
- Remove the battery bracket.
- Now it is time to remove the old battery.
- Install the new battery.
- Secure battery.