Does the Samsung watch need a data plan?
Answer: You do not need to pay for an extra plan or pay for anything for that matter if you are on Verizon. Samsung LTE watches use eSIM technology which means it basically clones the SIM data from your actual phone and then uses that information to make/receive calls and texts right from the watch.
How far can Samsung watch be from phone?
If your smartwatch is connected to Wi-Fi, and your phone has a Wi-Fi or cellular network connection, your smartphone can be anywhere you like. The Wi-Fi network doesn’t have to be the same either. If your smartwatch isn’t connected to Wi-Fi, keep it within 30 feet your phone. (Distance varies by phone and smartwatch.)
Can I add a smartwatch to my Verizon plan?
Many smartwatches have built-in cellular connectivity to function independently of a phone but require a separate smartwatch data plan. Adding your smartwatch to a Verizon Unlimited plan and Number Share – Mobile will give you the flexibility to call on 5 devices wherever you go – without your phone.
What does LTE do on Samsung watch?
Samsung has Bluetooth and LTE compatible smart watches! The LTE version can receive calls and messages without being connected to a phone. However, you’ll first need to activate service for your watch through the same carrier as your mobile phone.
How do I connect my Samsung gear S2 to my phone?
- Ensure the Gear S2 is charged and powered on.
- Install Samsung Gear Manager on your connected smartphone, then tap Next.
- Turn on Bluetooth and make the Wearable discoverable.
- Once the connection is found, tap OK.
- Watch the tutorial.
- Tap Next.
- Tap OK.
How do I connect my Samsung Gear 2 to my phone?
- Turn on the Gear. It automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Tap Samsung Gear. On Apps screen of mobile device, tap Samsung Gear.
- Tap START THE JOURNEY.
- Pair the Gear with the device.
- Read the Terms and Conditions.
- Sign the Samsung account.
- Connecting the device with the Gear.