How do I sign out of iMessage completely?
About This Article
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap Send & Receive.
- Tap Apple ID (your email).
- Tap Sign Out.
What happens when you sign out of iMessage?
Both iMessage and FaceTime will still be functional when you sign out Apple ID on your iPhone. If you used your Apple ID for your iMessage or FaceTime, you will not be able to send iMessage texts or make FaceTime call.
How do I change my iMessage account on my iPhone?
To change the iMessage account, go to Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive. Tap on your current account name to change it. For iTunes purchases, your account is specified at Settings -> iTunes & App Store. You can even have a separate iCloud account.
Does signing out of Apple ID delete Messages?
No, signing out of iCloud account doesn’t remove all your iOS files. You can get to keep some of your data on the device such as contacts, notes, iCloud Photo Library, etc. Keeping the data in your mobile device.
How do I sign back into iMessage with my phone number?
Set up your phone number Go to Settings > Messages and make sure iMessage is turned on. You may need to wait a moment for it to be activated. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage”, tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad and iPod touch.
How do I logout of my Apple ID on my iPhone?
Sign out on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your device.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Tap Sign Out again to confirm that you want to sign out of iCloud.
How do I unregister my phone number from Apple ID?
There are two ways to do this:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID at the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out.
- If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can’t access, change your Apple ID password.
How do I activate iMessage on my iPhone?
By Using Apple ID Just go to settings – Scroll down on messages and tap on “Send and Receive ” Option. click to open the apple ID and then click on sign out application. Now you need to switch off your iMessage wait for few seconds and turn on your iMessage Now you need to enter your apple Id details then try to activate your imessage.
How do you turn off iMessage on an iPhone?
To turn off iMessage on iPhone, follow these procedures: 1.Press the Home button on the lower-middle part of your phone to get to Home. 2.From Home, open your phone’s Settings menu by tapping on the gear icon. 3.From Settings, scroll down until you get to the Messages options. Tap on Messages to proceed.
How to enable iMessage on iPhone?
1) Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you’re using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS. 2) Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set correctly. See More…
How to turn off the iMessage without the iPhone?
Go to Apple’s iMessage deregistration page from any web browser.