Can I open a Word document in InDesign?
Import the Word document. In InDesign, click File in the main menu bar and then Place (otherwise, you can press Cmd+D on Mac Os or Ctrl+D in Windows). Click on Options and check Show Import Options in the import window (if it’s not already checked), select the file and click Open to import the Word file into InDesign.
How do I format a document in Open Office?
To open the Styles and Formatting window, do any one of the following:
- Click on the icon located at the left-hand end of the formatting toolbar.
- Select Format > Styles and Formatting.
- Press F11.
How do I convert a Word document to InDesign?
About This Article
- Click File > Place.
- Select Show Import Options.
- Click Open.
- Select Preserve Styles and Formatting from Text and Tables.
- Select Customize Style Import and click Style Mapping.
- Map Word styles to InDesign styles.
- Click OK twice.
How do I change the paper size in open office?
How do I change the default page size?
- Choose File > New > Text Document.
- Choose Format > Page.
- In the dialog box, choose the Page tab.
- On the page tab, select a page size from the drop-down box.
- Click OK.
- Choose File > Templates > Save.
How do I convert Word to InDesign format?
In order to retain the formatting that you want to keep, open the Find/Change dialog box by choosing Edit > Find/Change. Leave the Find what and Change to fields empty, but click on the More Options button to display the Find and Change format sections of the dialog box.
What is DocsFlow?
DocsFlow, a plug-in for InDesign, for the first time combines the collaborative editing power of Google Docs with the layout power of InDesign, adding its own dynamic linking and sophisticated merge technologies to supercharge your editorial and production workflows.
What format should I save my open office document?
Default file format OpenOffice.org saves files in the OpenDocument format by default unless told otherwise. This default can be changed, for example if you always want to save as Microsoft Office files.
Can I convert pdf to InDesign?
After finishing editing PDF files, you can convert PDF to InDesign supported files. Go to the “Tool” option, then choose “PDF Converter,” and a pop window will show up. Drag and drop the PDF file into this window, then choose “To Image” and select the converted format like TIFF, GIF, and JPEG.
How do you fit to Page in Open Office spreadsheet?
Adjusting the printout to fit onto one page: With the spreadsheet open, select Format > Page… In the dialog that appears, select the Sheet tab. In the lower right corner of the dialog, there is a Reduce/enlarge printout scale control. Enter a value that you think will make the data fit on the page.
How do I change the Page layout in Open Office?
In your open document in OpenOffice.org:
- Open the Styles and Formatting window [F11] (or choose Format –> Styles and Formatting).
- Click on the Page Styles icon (fourth icon from left).
- Default should already be highlighted.
- In the dialog that appears, give the new page style a descriptive name, e.g. Landscape.
How do I paste a Word document into InDesign without formatting?
Do one of the following:
- Choose Edit > Paste. If the pasted text doesn’t include all the formatting, you may need to change settings in the Import Options dialog box for RTF documents.
- Choose Edit > Paste Without Formatting.