How do I configure ETCD?
- Step1: Download and Install etcd. Get the etcd tar ball from CoreOS official site.
- Step2: Setup systemd unit files. Create a systemd environment file /etc/etcd.
- Step 3: Start etcd3 systemd service. Make sure the systemd files are setup correctly on all the 3 nodes.
- Step 4: Validate etcd setup.
How do you fix ETCD?
Repair broken etcd node
- Stop etcd on the broken node : sudo stop etcd.
- delete the data on the broken node sudo rm -r /var/lib/etcd/data/*
- delete the wal data on the broken node: sudo rm -r /var/lib/etcd/wal/*
How do I check my ETCD cluster status?
- To verify that the cluster is up and running, connect to a master instance, and run the following:
- Before you run etcd commands, source the etcd.conf file:
- You can check the basic etcd health status from any master instance with the etcdctl command:
How do I find my ETCD master?
If you have access to the master node, just do a curl from there with the client certificate paths; the certificate is in: /etc/kubernetes/pki/etcd-manager-main/etcd-clients-ca. crt and the key /etc/kubernetes/pki/etcd-manager-main/etcd-clients-ca.
What is etcd quorum?
An etcd cluster needs a majority of nodes, a quorum, to agree on updates to the cluster state. For a cluster with n members, quorum is (n/2)+1. For any odd-sized cluster, adding one node will always increase the number of nodes necessary for quorum.
How do I monitor etcd?
How To Monitor Etcd Cluster with Prometheus and Grafana
- Step 1: Install Grafana. You need Grafana Data visualization & Monitoring tool installed on a Linux system.
- Step 2: Install Prometheus. Prometheus and Grafana can co-exist on same server.
- Step 3: Configure Prometheus.
- Step 4: Add default etcd dashboard.
What is etcd compaction?
History compaction Since etcd keeps an exact history of its keyspace, this history should be periodically compacted to avoid performance degradation and eventual storage space exhaustion. Compacting the keyspace history drops all information about keys superseded prior to a given keyspace revision.
What is etcd endpoint?
Endpoints — A list of etcd server endpoints that clients can connect to. Typically, 3 or 5 client URLs of an etcd cluster. Pinned endpoint — When configured with multiple endpoints, <= v3. Client Connection — TCP connection that has been established to an etcd server, via gRPC Dial.
What happens if etcd is down?
If you lose etcd quorum, you must back up etcd, take down your etcd cluster, and form a new one. You can use one healthy etcd node to form a new cluster, but you must remove all other healthy nodes.
What happens if etcd quorum is definitively lost?
If you lose etcd quorum, you must back up etcd, take down your etcd cluster, and form a new one. You can use one healthy etcd node to form a new cluster, but you must remove all other healthy nodes. You use one of the nodes that can be reached to form a new cluster.
What happens if etcd goes down?
When they are offline or degraded, the API will be offline or degraded. In the event that they, etcd, or the API are fully offline, the cluster ceases to be a cluster and is instead a bunch of ad-hoc nodes for this period.
How do I monitor ETCD?